Original German Sauerbraten Spice Mix, Spices for Braised Beef 46 g - 1.75oz
Edora is well known as a trusted expert for german chefs and kitchen pros since 1955. This vendor is so well known it creats the spice mixes under the well known Weber BBQ Brand.
Customer and Pros are using the spices, rubs and mixes everyday and now you have the chance to use these original flavors as well.
This mixture is an aromatic composition of noble spices and aromatic herbs for a spicy-tasting Sauerbraten or roast wild game.
Recipe: Quick Guide How to make Sauerbraten:
For (about 1kg / 2.2pounds) we recommend a bottom round.
1) Heat two cups of water, a cup of vinegar and 2 heaped tablespoon of EDORA Sauerbraten spice (for marinating) together, cover and bring this to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
2) Pat the bottom round dry and rub with vegetable oil and salt to your liking. Heat a large saute pan over high heat; add the meat and brown on all sides, approximately 2 to 3 minutes per side.
3) When the marinade has cooled to a point where you can stick your finger in it and not be burned, place the meat in a non-reactive vessel and pour over the marinade. Place into the refrigerator for 3 days. If the meat is not completely submerged in the liquid, turn it over once a day you can always add a bit of water and vinegar.
4) After 3 days of marinating, preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
5) Cover and place on the middle rack of the oven and cook until tender for approximately 4 hours.
6) Remove the meat from the vessel and keep warm. Strain the liquid to remove the solids. Return the liquid to the pan and place over medium-high heat. Whisk in some heavy cream and cook until thickened, stirring occasionally. Strain the sauce through a fine mesh sieve to remove any lumps. Add raisins if desired. Slice the meat and serve with the sauce.
Ingredients: Pepper, mustard seeds, onion, allspice, cilantro, juniper berries, ginger, paprika, cardamom, carrots, bay leaves, cloves, lovage, dill, parsnip, leeks, celery, parsley, tomatoes.